Suscripciones Whatsapp y Correo Contacto Facebook Turjaen Twitter Turjaen Instagram Turismodejaen

San Andrés Holy Chapel

Compartir

Javascript is required to view this map.
Type: 
Address: 
San Andrés Street, 23004, Jaén

 

A non-profit teaching institution founded by Gutierrez Gonzalez Doncel, an Apostolic Prothonotary of Pope Leon X, in San Andrés Parish Church in 1515. The most interesting pieces are the main altarpiece from the 18th century and the Immaculate Virgin Chapel. Inside this chapel, we can find a baroque altarpiece with a sculpture of the Immaculate, a Mudejar door in the pulpit and a painting of "Nuestra Señora de la Luz". This chapel is covered with a beautiful gothic dome. A magnificent wrought-iron door by Bartolomé de Jaén, of the 16th century, closes the chapel. Saint Pedro Poveda was a member of this institution.

Free entrance.

Opening times:

http://www.turjaen.org/sites/default/files/horario_visitas_monumentos.pdf

Futher information, please contact the Tourist Office: 8, Maestra,Street. Telephone number: 953 19 04 55 or oficinaturismo@aytojaen.es

Mass services times: http://diocesisdejaen.es/horas/HORARIO_MISAS_ABRIL-MAYO-JUNIO_2021.pdf?v=2